The legal hold pro.
“I take the complexity out of legal holds to get you results – reliable, defensible results.”
Sign up for a Free “Ediscovery Pre-Check”
Smart organizations know their ediscovery hotspots and regularly evaluate and fine tune their protocols. When was your organization’s last check-in?
Sign up for a free “Ediscovery Pre-Check” with a legal hold pro. It will be 30 minutes well spent but won’t cost you a penny.
Who I Am
A law firm jill-of-all trades
Worked as an attorney, paralegal, litigation support professional and law clerk
Who I Work With
Litigation Support Professionals
How I Help with Legal Hold
1Review hold notices and which employees received them.
2Analyze company preservation policies.
3Evaluate document retention practices.
4Survey organizational technology for complying with a hold.
An Example of My Work
A court needed a neutral expert to independently evaluate the legal hold policies of both parties.
We reviewed the actual hold notices as well as the organizations’ technology and infrastructures to preserve data. A full report was provided to the court to aid in resolution of the discovery issues.
Trends I'm Watching
The ubiquitous and ethereal nature of ESI is our biggest challenge. With messages, chats, the cloud, social and mobile, you can use any infrastructure to create or move data.
Going forward, organizations will need a process and technology to make sure their litigation hold is addressing all of these emerging data sources and locations. Knowing where your obligation begins and ends is most critical.
What Motivates Me
- Solving business process problems associated with BYOD, or mixing personal and professional data on a company device
- Ensuring organizations include everything in a legal hold: mobile, social and the cloud need to be in the plan
- Relating to what clients are dealing with on technical and legal fronts
Senior Consultant on Discovery Consultant Team delivering client-tailored solutions to meet all discovery and data management needs, from preservation and collection, through technology selection, data analytics, search, technology-assisted review, and assisting with strategic document review protocols. Jacqueline leverages her depth of experience as a practicing attorney and technology expertise.
Venable, LLP (1995-2015)
Staff Attorney, Labor and Employment Group/Litigation Division (2003 – 2015)
- Provided general legal advice across multiple matters. Interpreted laws, rulings and regulations, analyzed probable outcomes based on legal precedents, developed strategies and evaluated findings. Conducted legal research using Lexis and Westlaw, and other on-line resources. Prepared and drafted legal documents, discovery responses, and briefs.
- Conducted witness interviews and fact investigations. Prepared witnesses for deposition, drafted deposition outlines, prepared and organized exhibits and attended depositions. Managed exhibits during dispositions, reviewed and analyzed deposition testimony and prepared deposition designations. Prepared for and attended legal proceedings and coordinated trial set-up and logistics. Assisted in the preparation of witness testimony.
- Managed all facets of the electronic discovery process in accordance with best practices and provided oversight of review teams, support staff, and outside vendors throughout all stages of litigation. Consulted on electronic discovery processes and legal compliance. Drafted electronic discovery agreements regarding the maintenance, preservation, collection, and disclosure of electronically stored information. Evaluated approaches for conducting electronic discovery, prepared budgets, and presented recommendations to legal team and clients.
- Drafted and negotiated complex Service Agreements, Statements of Work and related documents. Facilitated the contract proposal process.
- Reviewed and analyzed complex data sets, ran statistical analyses and prepared summary reports.
Legal Practice Systems Analyst/Consultant (1999 – 2003)
- Handled day-to-day litigation support functional needs and supported a variety of litigation support software applications. Trained attorneys and staff on use of litigation tools and created user accounts and installed client-side software applications.
- Coordinated the collection and processing of electronically stored information. Assessed incoming data as to size and formatting and generated scope reports.
- Monitored projects/case status and provided routine status reports including task completion reports and data delivery schedules. Provided quality control on all aspects of data manipulation and production.
- Identified technology solutions to manage complex civil and criminal legal litigation matters, presented solutions, and provided support to litigation teams and clients. Delivered and/or prepared presentations on electronic discovery developments and evolving technologies. Provided training and prepared materials to train staff on new technologies.
Law Clerk/Legal Assistant, Environmental/White Collar Crimes Practice Group (1995 – 1999)
- Performed legal research and drafted legal memoranda for associates and partners. Performed proofreading, bluebooking and cite-checking. Conducted the Bates-stamping, redaction, duplication and indexing of documents. Set up and maintained fact chronologies and production logs.
- Lead large-scale document reviews and productions in federal criminal litigation matters and investigations.
- George Mason University School of Law, J.D. 2001
- George Washington University, Paralegal Certification, 1995
- Arizona State University, B.S., Political Science, 1991
- Virginia, February 2003
- District of Columbia, December 2006